Whether you choose a funny, informative or clever headline for your dating profile or messages, you need one that shows a side of your character and will attract the right people.
Firstly find out how to write headlines for online dating profiles and messages.
Don’t be afraid to edit your profile and change your heading regularly, this will attract different types of people to your profile.
There are a number of ways to get ideas for message or profile headlines but they do need to capture the imagination rather than just get lost in a sea of other similar headings.
Don’t just copy someone elses’s headline because you think it’s funny or clever, try to be original and put a little of your personality into your profile and messages.
Here are some examples of good headlines and where the inspiration came from.
Hobbies or Interests
You can attract the right kind of people with shared interests or an important issue like religion. Add something in the headline that is important to you.
- Welly wearing dog walker loves puddle splashing
- Christian Choirist raises the rafters
- Canooing wombat seeks hiking kangaroo
- Student of life indulges passion for culture
You could think of a constant criticism of your gender and swim against the tide.
- Bubbly blonde with PhD potential
- Blondes have more fun but brunettes nag less often
- Feminine and strong in equal quantities
- What’s the offside rule?
- Brains and brawn in equal quantities
- Can I ask you for directions?
Romantic or Sentimental
If you are a romantic or sentimental person then show that, the people who respond will often be like-minded.
- Cat Lover Seeks Purrrfect Lap to curl up on
- Inspire me to write a love poem for you
- A perfect day is shared with someone you love
- Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and I am too
You don’t have to have sparkling witt or be particularly charismatic to attract people. Be honest about yourself, most of us have very ordinary lives but we all have attractive qualities.
- Experimental cook needs food taster
- Well preserved but not yet pickled
- 750cc’s of mad biker seeks pillion
- Bookworm seeks bookmark to keep her place
- Office worker by day, inter-galactic assassin by night
Ok the last one’s only half honest but it adds a bit of fun while getting across that you don’t have a very exciting job.
Quotations and Characters
You can use a favourite quotation that demonstrates a philosophy or use characters from a book or film you enjoy.
- Weatherwax seeks Rincewind for magical moments
- If you’ll be Mark Anthony then I’ll be Cleopatra … but without the asp
- You non-conformists are all alike
- In order to be someone, you must first be yourself
- Don’t wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
Be sure to avoid the mistakes made on these examples of bad online dating profile headlines.