A dating profile username is basically the same as a product brand name. Dating profiles should be enticing, making people want to click through and find out more about you but some usernames can have the opposite effect.
Would you buy a chocolate bar called ‘vomit’ or a car called ‘breaksdownalot’? I doubt it, so why would anyone think people would be attracted by these real dating profile usernames:
1. Neverfaithful – well you get 10 out of 10 for honesty but I bet you don’t get many dates.
2. Somanyinches – well if you think 3″ is ’so many’ then best of luck to you. This is not a turn on.
3. Loveonly4you – and the other 30 women you contacted today. Sorry overly slushy is not attractive.
4. ManiacKiller – hey let’s meet soon, somewhere dark and devoid of witnesses!!
5. CockRot – nice touch, have a date and get a nasty infection. It may have seemed funny at the time but no-one is going to read the rest of your profile.
6. Boredofdating – well if you are bored of dating then why are you on a dating site? That just screams I want a husband and I want one now.
7. I’mboring – not going to want to read the rest of your profile then am I?
8. Falsetits44 – you have to be kidding me, you want to advertise that you are 44 and just had a boob job?
9. Princesstopamper – that just screams you are going to be high maintenance and hard work.
10. Stretchmarks – okay so you have had babies and now have stretchmarks but do you think that is the first thing you should tell some about you?
If you want help finding the right username for your dating profile then check out my post How to Choose a Good Username
Max My Profile has some excellent tips for choosing a username for your dating profile.
Isabella Snow gives some great username advice for men in her article Online Dating for Men – Good Usernames
Have you seen any that are worse than these, please leave a comment and let us know, we like a good